I am claiming this to possibly be my last post (you never can be quite sure).
So this is my reality:
I drink black clipper tea every morning as a way to take 10 min of my day an honor and reflect on my now memories.
I burn incense and remember the family I had at 28 St Wilfrids Crescent.
I try to be secure and show love to everyone I meet as a way to honor the love I was shown and the security I was taught.
I take a few hours each week and designate them to myself, I write in my journal, I drink coffee, I read, I sing to myself, I write emails.
I try (and fail) to be a present, equal part of my family, cleaning, dishes, dinner. (mom, I said I was trying not succeeding).
I revel in the time I spend with friends. The true, lovely, beautiful friends I have here.
I try to be a present part of my community.
I try to get myself up every Sunday to attend church (something I didnt do before I left).
I give myself an allowance every week as a way to honor simplicity and the lessons a I have learned
I try to not take my friends, family and others for granted. I realize how lucky I am to have had the friends and family had in Bradford, and how lucky I am to have the friends and family I have in Wooster.
I fail, but I try, each day. As if it were knew, to push myself, to be myself, to give.
People back in Bradford, all over the states, and at home, continue to touch my heart with there love. I am constantly amazed. Wow, whoever is reading this, I think its safe to say that you inspire me to be better and I cant begin to tell you how much I am amazed at everyone's friendship.
I couldnt have done without your support, and I wouldnt be here without your example and love.
I hope in turn, I am able to show you and others what you have taught me.
Yours truly, Devon
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment